So last night was the annual Brits music award show. I usually would post just the fashion, but last night I snuggled up with my blanket and a cup of tea at 8pm and was glued to my tv for the next 2 hours. So I'm going to make this post about the whole event!
I thought overall it was pretty good, although it was a bit rude of them to cut Adele's speech off (video below), Blur did sing 3 songs afterall. Having said that I do love Blur! I'm not really sure why James Corden is getting stick for it cos he only did as instructed and was apparently really upset that he had to do it. Rihanna was fab as per, I was hoping she would sing 'birthday cake' or a duet with Drake on 'take care' (a girl can dream) but I still loved her, I think I may be in love with her actually.
The best performances for me personally were Rihanna, Ed Sheeran and Blur. I thought Adele was good, but with her performing the same song as The Grammy's I was a little bored.
Rihanna
Blur
Ed Sheeran
Adele's speech being cut off
The winners (and who I thought should win from the nominees, I'll bold my winner)
British Male - Ed Sheeran (nominees - Ed Sheeran, James Blake, James Morrison, Noel Gallagher and Professor Green)
British Female - Adele (nominees - Adele, Florence & the machine, Jessie J, Kate Bush and Laura Marling)
British Breakthrough Act - Ed Sheeran (nominees - Ed Sheeran, Anna Calvi, Emeli Sande, Jessie J and The Vaccines)
British Group - Coldplay (nominees - Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, Chase and Status, Elbow and Kasabian)
British Single - One Direction - what makes you beautiful (nominees - One Direction - what makes you beautiful, Adele - someone like you, Ed Sheeran - the A team, Example - changed the way you kissed me, Jessie J ft Bob - price tag, JLS ft Dev - she makes me wanna, Military Wives - wherever you are, Olly Murs ft Rizzle Kicks - heart skips a beat, Pixie Lott - all about tonight and The Wanted - glad you came)
Album of the year - Adele - 21 (nominees - Adele - 21, Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto, Ed Sheeran - +, Florence & the machine - ceremonials, PJ Harvey - let England shake)
International Male - Bruno Mars (nominees - Bruno Mars, Aloe Blacc, Bon Iver, David Guetta, Ryan Adams)
International Female - Rihanna (nominees - Rihanna, Beyonce, Bjork, Feist and Lady Gaga) I can't choose!
International Group - Foo Fighters (nominees - Foo Fighters, Fleet Foxes, Jay Z/Kanye West, Lady Antebellum and Maroon 5)
International Breakthrough Act - Lana Del Rey (nominees - Lana Del Rey, Aloe Blacc, Bon Iver, Foster the people and Nicki Minaj)
Outstanding Contribution - Blur
Which do you agree/disagree with?
Now for the bit we all love.. the fashion. There were definite hits and misses last night, and here are some of my favourites and misses.
Favourites
Millie Mackintosh - Millie looked absolutely beautiful.
Lydia Bright
Rihanna - the detail of the dress is unreal, not into the gloves at all though.
Lana Del Rey
One Direction - I thought they looked really nicely co-ordinated and it was just a good look for them
Misses
Little Mix - I don't think their outfits are co-ordinated at all which I expected, I thought they'd have looked nice in girly dresses with heels, and after Jesy's lost weight I thought she would be in something proper figure hugging and her trousers look ill fitting? I adore all their hair and make up though!
Florence Welch
Adele - She looks nice but I'm getting bored of her black dresses now, it's too play it safe, she's lost weight I want her to show it off!
Alexandra Burke
Cher Lloyd
Now over to you.. did you watch it? if so what did you think to The Brits? do you agree/disagree with my fashion hits and misses?
Feel free to leave me a comment! I read every single one and love getting them
xxx










Fantastic Post! xxx
ReplyDeleteAw thanks so much :) xxx
DeleteRihanna's dress was gorgeous, but I agree on the gloves! And so glad that Ed won!
ReplyDeleteNatalie x
Trying To Make Fetch Happen
Ed's awards were well deserved weren't they! xxx
Deleteoh my god alexandra burke looks amazeballs!!! xxxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteit's just the top part of the dress for me! i love the bottom part tho xxxxx
Delete