Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Fly me high... IBIZA sky - #holidayhop New Look competition


Over at daisybutter Michelle is hosting a great competition in conjunction with New Look. I have quite alot of love for New Look as it is one of only a VERY select few fashion stores in my small town - the others being an ever increasingly expensive Dorothy Perkins and a tiny Peacocks with no choice, as you can imagine alot of my time and money goes to New Look so this competition jumped straight out at me! The brief says..


"Imagine you are going to Ibiza for a long weekend. Create a post on your blog stating which items from the New Look store you would wear to complete each of the following outfits on your holiday.


Style these looks: TRAVEL STYLE, POOLSIDE, BEACH IT, SUNSET SUPPER, BEACH TO CLUB"

I found this surprisingly hard, I had too much choice, and kept changing my mind, but here is my entry..

For Travel Style I decided to choose this lovely grey t-shirt maxi dress, I think it'd be really comfy (perfect for travelling in) and you could do a number of different things with it, I wanted to give it abit of an edge, yet it still be practical and I thought the tassel bag was perfect to do this. The duffle bag would be ideal for keeping hold of those travel essentials and could also keep hold of the jumper if I was too warm to wear it - I've flown a lot and one of the golden rules of flying for me is to always have something warm to wear for on the plane. I LOVE this jumper its got a lovely skull embellishment which makes it bang on trend. I also picked this lovely 'peace' belt, it really reminds me of THE Moschino belt and think it would cinch the waist in perfectly for when I wasn't wearing the jumper, it would also be easy to take off for when you get to passport control and have to strip! Slipper shoes are one of my favourite flat shoes at the moment, and these ones are perfect, they go with everything and are beyond comfy - also helps with the stripping in passport control situation!

The next look is Pool Side. When I'm chilling by the pool I want 3 things from my outfit.. colour, comfort, and practicality. I think the outfit above definitely has all 3. This blue bikini is lovely and bright, and has tie sides which I prefer and is a total bargain with the top costing £5.99 and the bottoms costing £3.99, it also comes in a few different colours and for this price I'd be far too tempted to buy them all. This dress is perfect for poolside days, it could easily be dressed up or down, however I would usually wear flat shoes poolside so I've gone for a dressed down look. These sandals are from the teen section of New Look - TOP TIP if you're up to a UK 6/EU 39 check out the teens section for shoes, I only found out a couple of years ago that they went up to a size 6 and they are even cheaper than the 'adult' shoes! Whenever I'm having a pool/beach day I always need a big bag to carry all my essentials, I really like this black and clear shopper bag, one of my pet hates is when I can't find things in my bag, so the clear part of this bag is perfect for me. Last but certainly not least, these sunglasses - perfect for hiding my eyes whilst checking out the poolside talent protecting my eyes from the sun.

Beach It - When I'm going to the beach I love to have a bikini which totally stands out, which would be even more important in Ibiza! I absolutely love this one as I think the slightly clashing prints are eye catching and would compliment a tan really well (top here and bottoms here) I'm a big fan of the slightly gothic look and this vest is perfect for it, with the purple foil cross and the dip hem making it interesting and giving it the Ibiza touch. I used the same bag and sunglasses as my poolside look as they match really well with this outfit too. These sandals are my footwear choice as I think they are easy to quickly just slip on and off and there's no danger of that annoying sand in shoe moment! This cuff would finish the outfit off for me, and it's also part of the buy one get one free on jewellery, bargain!

Sunset Supper - For my sunset supper look the first thing I chose this deep purple dip hem skirt, I think it's gorgeous and really versatile. I decided I wanted to pair it with a peplum top as this is the one trend I love yet have not actually bought yet. I found a few peplum tops which would have looked lovely with this skirt, but then I saw this one and knew I had to choose it. It incorporates THREE of my favourite trends (metallics, lace and peplum) yet doesn't look fussy and is so versatile, as you can see here I paired it with a skirt but if you've got the legs for it then you could wear it with leather trousers or a pencil skirt! I decided I wanted to have neutral shoes/accessories with this look so it had to be this studded bag and these amazing shoes (NEED them). These earrings add a nice little finish to the outfit.


The final look to be styled is Beach To Club, I really love this look! I wasn't really sure what kind of look I wanted to go for here, but then I saw these baroque shorts and knew I had to use them somehow, they are a jersey material which makes them perfect for the day time as they're nice and lightweight, but the print takes them straight to the club. For the beach look I picked an oversized t-shirt with a cross back which I'd tuck into the shorts, paired with these sandals! Obviously going to the beach I would want swimwear, so I chose this bikini. I love the aztec style print of it, and think it would really stand out. To transform this to the club look I would change the bikini top to this lace bandeau and the t-shirt to this black blouse - tucked into the shorts. Blouses are a staple in my wardrobe and I love the style of this one. I'd then add this ring and these chunky wedges to dress the outfit up more and put my beach outfit in this bag. I love the chain handles of the bag and think they compliment the shorts really well, the bag is also an ideal size to keep hold of my 'to club' outfit until I was getting changed.. and can keep hold of my beach outfit while I'm out.

If my maths is correct, these outfits total up to £385.76. Which is just over £14 less than the £400 prize! I think that's really good considering a lot of these pieces I've chosen are perfect to take into next season.

What do you think of my choices? What's your favourite item of clothing I've picked? 
Feel free to leave me the link to your entry if you've entered this competition too :)
xxx

16 comments:

  1. I like the BeachToClub outfit, it's so extraordinary :)
    Feel free to check out my post and to follow me back via GFC :))
    http://victoria-coeurdor.blogspot.com/2012/08/going-to-ibiza-5-outfits.html
    Have a nice day!^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you, I'll look at your entry now!

      Delete
  2. I like all of these and especially how different they are from my picks. It's always fun to see how other people style things up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'll look at your entry now

      Delete
    2. And I agree, I love seeing how people come up with totally different ideas for the same brief

      Delete
  3. Beautiful combinations! I love the baroque print shorts, they'd look so classy in the sea of neons and floral prints that fill the clubs :)

    I also had a crack at this, my entry's here if you'd like to have a peek: http://usagi-bun.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/holidayhop-holiday-fashion-from-new-look.html

    Good luck to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Maisy! I agree, they're so nice and different aren't they!? I'm going to have to invest in them soon. I'll have a look at your entry now :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love the beach and the pool outfits! :)
    Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your entry! Youve given me a lot of inspiration, i need the first outfit in my life! You deserve to win kirsty!
    Http://victoriaterri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, that's such a lovely comment! :) xx

      Delete
  6. You're right! Our choices, style wise, are very similar. Like me you've chosen pieces that can be taken into the next season easily.
    My favourite here is easily beach to club (the second look of the two) I absolutely love everything there. Perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange how similar we chose isn't it! Got good taste haha. I love that most of this can go into next season. I neeeed the second beach to club outfit and travel style xx

      Delete
  7. I would love to be going on a beach holiday :)

    Feyi
    uncovertheuntold.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi :)
    We wondered you might be interested in our bloggers competition to win a summer holiday outfit worth £200 from www.braintreeclothing.com
    You can find the details here > http://bit.ly/btreestylecomp
    Braintree Clothing x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment, I read them all and reply as soon as possible..