Yesterday morning I checked my emails to find one on behalf of House of Fraser inviting me to take part in their Blogger Style Challenge. I had a read of the brief (which can be found here) and decided to have a go for myself! After all the winner wins a £200 House of Fraser voucher and who would turn that down?
All you have to do is go on the House of Fraser website, pick a look based on the new season, explain why you love it and what you'd wear it for. Well I mentally do this on average 10 times a day on various websites anyway, so may aswell actually do it for a reason and not feel quite so guilty for mentally spending my overdraft (okay.. my overdraft multiplied by 5)
I've decided to do a night out look, which includes all my favourite trends at the moment. I also decided to set myself a budget of £200, I figured seeing as though that's the prize up for grabs I may aswell make the outfit realistically something I could buy with the winnings if I'm lucky enough to win.
I decided to inject a pop of colour in the form of this gorgeous Planet cobalt blue shirt (£69), as its a favourite colour of mine, and even though we're coming up to A/W colour is still present as ever - thank goodness, I hate dull colours! The faux leather skirt is by Oasis (£42) and I love it, leather is present as ever this A/W and the skater style of the skirt makes it flattering for everyone to wear. One of my favourite trends this A/W is embellishment, and this is what led me to choose the bag and bracelet. A clutch is a wardrobe staple for me, and with this Oasis one I love the studded detail, this particular bag would match pretty much any outfit it was put with - which for £32 you really can't argue with. This Aftershock bracelet is only £15 and filled with silver beads and diamantes to make sure it stands out from the crowd and can be found here if you want to look at it in closer detail. Finally, last but definitely not least, the shoes.. I absolutely love chunky shoes, and to my delight they're sticking around for a while longer, so I just had to have these lovely KG heels with my outfit - reduced from £130 to £39!!
So there's my outfit, have any of you taken part also? If so leave me your entries so I can take a look and let me know what you think to mine!
xxx

Ahh lovely outfit, that shirt is a gorgeous colour! Good luck :) xxx
ReplyDeleteAw thank you! I agree, I think it may be my favourite colour. May have to treat myself to it if I win xxx
Deletereally cute! I think the shoes will look reallly good with this combo
ReplyDeletewww.thiick.blogspot.com
Thank you! :)
DeleteSuch pretty choices! xx
ReplyDeletewww.satinandsouffles.com
www.satinandsouffles.com
Thank you xx
DeleteCute outfit! I am a new follower of yours. I saw your blog link on Motel Rocks The Street Team blog! :)
ReplyDelete-♡ Valerie Angel
Check out and follow my blog for beauty and fashion updates!
Ah thank you! I followed your blog just before I saw this comment x
Deletefabulous outfit, i am in love with those shoes though!!
ReplyDeleteThey're gorgeous aren't they! They're the only way I'd wear a slightly lower heel!
DeleteNice!
ReplyDelete