Around a week ago I received an email from Kristina at Vision Direct asking if I would be interested in reviewing Phantasee crazy contact lenses for my blog. I have always been curious about cosmetic contact lenses so I took her up on the offer and two days later I received my first (but not last) pair of Phantasee contact lenses.
Being totally honest, I hadn't heard of Vision Direct before I was contacted and after having a nosey on their website I've found out they offer a wide range of contact lenses, glasses and sunglasses with a free delivery option which in my experience didn't take long to arrive.
Vision Direct were kind enough to send me the 'Rage' pair of lenses which are from the scary range, I was asked if I had a preference but once I started looking I literally couldn't choose (the range is huge) so I said I would like anything along the lines of white/bloody - in time for Halloween! Aswell as the lenses, I was also sent the Vision Direct multi-use solution and a lens case so I can look after them properly.
The lenses are packaged fantastically, coming with clear instructions and advice on how to insert, remove and take care of them. You can also see from the third picture down the lenses clearly tell you the expiration date. Before receiving my lenses Kristina pointed me in the direction of a FAQ section on the Vision Direct website that has been put together to answer any questions you may have about using the contact lenses. I found it to be well written, and actually explains why you shouldn't do certain things, without it being full of words that no-one understands.
The multi-use solution gives clear, easy to understand instructions and advice on the bottle about: preparation before using the contact lenses, cleaning, rinsing and disinfecting the lenses and precautions. I was sent the travel size solution which came in a 90ml bottle with the lens case coming free with it - here. The lens case has screw-on lids which keep it securely closed, so no fear of dropping it and the lenses falling out! When re-purchasing this I would buy this travel sized bottle again as the solution has to be used within 2 months and a bigger sized bottle would be wasted by me I think.
How they look
As you can see they cover the eyes really well and not much of my own eye can be seen, they look freakishly real in the flesh.
Some Halloween inspiration..
For this post I decided to wear dark eye make up, with black eyeliner and mascara, I will probably wear fake eyelashes when I wear them for Halloween though. Due to me needing prescription lenses I am going to wear mine like the last picture shows so I don't have to wear glasses, but I actually think this looks even weirder than wearing both lenses together and at Halloween - the weirder the better?!
I am so happy to have received these lenses, I already use contact lenses for my eyesight so I had an idea of what to expect and how to use them but I definitely think anyone who hasn't used any form of lens before wouldn't struggle with these. I didn't experience any pain or discomfort, which I was expecting to as they are slightly bigger than my normal prescription lenses. They're really good value for money considering they have up to a years use from when you first use them, and they don't feel or look cheap at all which has put me off buying this type of lens in the past. I wouldn't hesistate in buying another pair, I'm thinking of buying a pair from the vivid range next to make my eyes green or blue.
This particular pair of lenses are perfect for Halloween and I can't wait to add these lenses to my costume this year, I just need to decide what to go as now..








Definitely very creepy for Halloween! x
ReplyDeleteThey're great aren't they! x
DeleteWOW! These are amazing! Wish I was less squeemish so I could put contact lenses in!
ReplyDeleteRobyn Mayday
xx
Aw they're really not that bad to put in you know! You don't even touch your eye really xx
Deletewow love the lenses, such a great efekt!
ReplyDeletewant to follow each other? i will defiently follow back
my blog:
http://thebizarrebirdcage.blogspot.de/
Yeah the effect is great isn't it!
DeleteWow love the lenses, perfect for halloween!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog :) Maddie xx
maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk
I agree! I love them so much! And thank you :) I'll have a nosey at yours now xx
DeleteThese are so cool! Wish I was out for Halloween so I could wear them xxx
ReplyDeleteThey're great aren't they! I'm finally wearing them this weekend! :) xxx
Delete