(image from weheartit)
I've seen this lovely festive tag on a few blogs now so I thought I'd do it too as I'm finally starting to be in the mood for it!
1. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
I love how it's always the same, but still so nice every year. I love Christmas Eve and Christmas Day the most though. I love how my mum and I cook party food and have a mini buffet for tea on Christmas Eve and after we all sit in pj's watching films on Christmas Eve, going to bed quite early even though the days of not being caught awake by Santa are well and truly over. I love how every year I'll still wake up really early, put my Christmas face/hair/outfit on, have a cup of tea and some breakfast, then open presents, watch films while mum makes Christmas dinner, eat far too much and slob about whilst watching yet more tv, then debate having more chocolates even though I'm struggling to move, before finally going to bed and dreading Boxing Day (I despise it and I don't know why!) I love how everybody is so happy and friendly at this time of year, hearing the same Christmas songs each year - and my Dad being the first to put Christmas music on, the mad rush because I've forgot something 2 days before Christmas, wrapping up presents whilst listening to Christmas songs.
2. What is your favourite makeup look for the festive season?
I love smoky eyes, or golden eyes with loads of mascara and false eyelashes, with some sort of glitter and sparkle in there somehow
3. Real or fake tree?
Real, when we were really young we always had fake, but now we've somehow gained the tradition of having real trees, I love going and choosing the trees with my mum and was so disappointed that we didn't have real trees last year that we've gone back to real again
4. Giving or receiving presents?
It is very cliche but I do love giving presents, it's so lovely seeing how happy somebody is with a present I've given them.. my parents still have a calendar I had made for their silver wedding anniversary 4 years ago!
5. Do you open your presents in the morning or evening?
In the morning, however last year was slightly different, as my Gran had just passed away, so we went to visit her at the cemetery and then came home and opened presents at about lunchtime. We'll probably do the same this year and visit my Grandad too as he's also now passed.
6. Handmade or bought Christmas cards?
Bought, but with a lovely design, I hate the Christmas cards which are bland and boring. I love glittery ones which make a mess when you open them, with Santa's and snowmen all over them!
7. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I'm really struggling with this, I can't choose one.. so it'll have to be both Elf and Miracle on 34th Street. I adore them both, Elf is just hilarious, and I've grown up with Miracle on 34th Street and just love the magic in it. I know it's officially Christmas when either have been on tv!
8. What is your favourite Christmas food?
Oh my god, what isn't?! I love all the party food and of course Christmas dinner! We have turkey as our meat on ours, with all the trimmings. I love the endless turkey and stuffing days after! And all the chocolate we seem to end up with.
Do let me know if you've done this tag as I'd love to read it
x

Great post! I love Elf! It is so funny and the perfect movie to get in the holiday season:)
ReplyDeleteAh thank you! I totally agree, it's so christmassy isn't it x
Delete