Long time no blog! I have been letting real life get in the way a hell of a lot recently. Although this hasn't stopped me spending - I did have a clothes haul post lined up but some of the clothes are quite old now so I haven't posted it.
Aswell as buying a ridiculous amount of clothes I've also bought too much make up and recently I have been getting more and more into lipsticks. I used to be quite wary of them as I wasn't sure if I could pull off a more bold lip or not and eventually I've just taken a 'to hell with it' kind of attitude.. first of all I dipped my toe in with the Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquers and various different lip tints to get used to wearing brighter colours on my lips.
Whilst out shopping the other day I thought I'd give yet another Rimmel product a try to get myself more used to lipstick formulas and ended up walking out of Superdrug with a Kate Moss Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick to try.
One of the main things which draws me to a product is it's packaging... I'm such a sucker for a nicely packaged product, and these lipsticks are no exception. The red tube makes them stand out in my opinion and it is easier to find in my Mary Poppins style make up bag. I love the little Kate signature on the tube aswell, it adds a little extra to it in my opinion.
I bought shade 101 which is a lovely pink everyday kind of colour. I swatched it on my hand first which to be honest was inaccurate compared to how it actually looks on my lips - not a complaint! I thought this was going to be a slightly darker pink colour - especially going off how it looks in the tube. Although when applied it is a really light pink on my lips, almost Barbie like actually but with it being quite light I did need a bit more bronzer as it would wash me out otherwise.
Even though it is a matte lipstick it is quite forgiving although it did show up a couple of imperfections (as you can see on the picture below). I bought this particular shade in the hope that I had a nice everyday colour which I could wear for work and not worry about topping it up too often.. this is exactly what it is for me, I find it quite well lasting (around 4 hours with lots of tea drinking and talking to customers involved) and only topped it up once during an 8 hour work day. The colour pay off is great aswell so I don't need to use much with each application and I can definitely see this lipstick lasting a while. The lipstick also had a really sweet scent to it, which I personally like but I'm not sure if it's for everyone.
Overall I'm so happy with this lipstick (especially as I got it for free in Superdrugs 3 for 2) and I'll be definitely trying some more of the brighter shades!
Any recommendations for other lipsticks to try are more than welcome xx




I love these lipsticks!! They smell so good! It looks really pretty on your lips:)
ReplyDeleteI adore the kate moss lipsticks and this one looks lovelyy! xxx
ReplyDeletei just got my first kate moss lippy in 04 from the lasting finish range and i love it! great review.
ReplyDeletefollowing you now :)
would you like to follow eachother via gfc & bloglovin'?
BlogLovin' | BreezeyBee Blog | International Giveaway
xoXo
Everyone loves a good 3 for 2! I've heard so many good things about the Kate Moss range, and I nicked my friend's 107 once and it was pretty good - maybe I'll purchase it myself one day!
ReplyDeleteI really want to try one of Kate's lippies, surprised I haven't yet because I fan girl over her so much it's just so uncool haha. This is such a pretty shade, wish I could pull off 60's colours like this! xxx
ReplyDelete