Tuesday, 29 January 2013

REVIEW: benefit - how to look the best at everything

Benefit - how to look the best at everything - Light





I was lucky enough to receive this as a Christmas present and I was so pleased cos I've wanted it for ages. I have wanted to try everything inside it for quite some time now but didn't want to commit to buying them for full price incase I didn't like them as full price they'd cost around £100 which to me is a lot if you actually can't get on with a product, making this £24.50 set a much more affordable option. 

In all honesty so far I'm really liking most of this set, and my make up does look great using these products together. Each set has lovely packaging and comes with tips on how to make the most out of the products with pictures to demonstrate which I thought was a nice touch to have.

The only part of the set I'm not overly amazed by is the POREfessional - I don't know if this is just me, but it doesn't seem to make a difference at all. Out of the whole set this is the only thing I don't plan on purchasing the full size of.

The hello flawless oxygen wow! foundation has been on my wishlist for ages now, but I haven't ordered it as I wanted to swatch it before spending nearly £25 on foundation. This set in light comes with the shade "cheers to me" champagne which is a pretty good match for my skin - although I would say if you did have quite pale skin which is more pink toned then this foundation may not be suitable as I found it to be more golden toned. The foundation has great coverage and I hardly need to use any so I can definitely justify buying the full size bottle when mine runs out. It blends really nicely, and as the name suggests does leave my skin looking quite flawless. 

The set also comes with boi-ing concealer in 2 different shades (01 and 02), with the suggestion of using both together to create the perfect shade - this is how I've been using boi-ing and I've fallen in love. The coverage this gives is by far the best from any concealer I've used, my under eye area brightens up and my skin looks near enough perfect. You hardly need to use any to get coverage which is what I was hoping for when potentially spending £32 to buy both shades. 

Finally the last part of the set was the hello flawless! powder which comes in the shade "me vain?" champagne and a small powder brush. This powder seems quite good so far, it gives a really nice finish to my make up making it look flawless with minimal imperfections. Although I do like it, I'm not sure if I'll be repurchasing as I've had just as good cheaper powders from the likes of Rimmel. The brush is lovely and soft, however too small for me to use. I prefer a proper brush with a longer handle, however I have tried this one to properly try the set out and it does feel as though the brushes are of good quality.

Do you have any recommendations for other Benefit products for me to try?
x

10 comments:

  1. This set looks to be such good value! I've wanted to try the hello flawless foundation for a while now x

    www.lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fab set! I love the foundation so much, it looks flawless when used with the real techniques buffing brush x

      Delete
  2. wow love this set! I really like Boing but haven't tried any of the other products yet! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good isn't it! Great value for money. I'm still not getting on great with porefessional but as for everything else I'm in love! Well worth trying the foundation and powder :) xx

      Delete
  3. nice box ;)

    great blog ! Would you like to follow each other ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have that but still haven't used it. Definitely need to though! Lovely post hun! :)

    I am running an International Giveaway on my blog now, and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win some YSL, Chanel and Essie products!

    XO,
    RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good set! You need to use yours asap haha :) xx

      Delete
  5. I've been eyeing this set for a while as Benefit really do the best makeup kits! Lovely review x

    http://beautymissblogger.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! Yeah their make up sets are the best aren't they :) need to get my hands on some more x

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment, I read them all and reply as soon as possible..