Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Merry Christmas Everyone

A few days late, but I hope anyone reading this has had a lovely christmas! Christmas for me was a little different this year, my gran unfortunately passed away on the 15th December 2011, so with only 10 days to go until christmas it was inevitably going to be strange. It was almost a relief when she passed away (she's been SO ill in and out of hospital/care homes since April this year) and it was awful to see her suffering. So with all that in mind I obviously wanted to make christmas as normal as possible for my mum and dad.

We usually have a small buffet in our house on christmas eve, just the 4 of us, myself, my parents and my brother. So we still did that, whilst having a little drink and watching one of my ultimate christmas films 'Miracle on 34th Street'



Christmas morning was started with a trip to the cemetery to go lay a wreath for my lovely gran, and then it was home and time for presents, food etc. I don't have a job at the moment so I've struggled being able to afford presents for my friends/family, so I decided with my brother to make my mum and dad a scrapbook with photo's in from when they met until now, they said it was the most thoughtful present they've ever been given, and we spent a long time together reminiscing over our memories. (and laughing at my mums horrendous 80's/early 90's hairstyles!)

As always I received lots of presents, and surprisingly I didn't get any naff ones!! I got dvd's, clothes, perfume and 2 gorgeous pandora charms (pictures below)





Both of these are from HnM, the top one I love so much, it reads "on the inside we are all the same". 


I got some toms too, normally I don't wear shoes like this but they are the comfiest shoes ever, I want a pair in every colour now





Love 'the intbetweeners' so much, literally could never choose a favourite character!

Reb'l fleur by Rihanna 


 I love both of these charms so much, I got the dice one to symbolize my holiday to America (the trip included Las Vegas - Vegas casinos - dice) and I got the other just because my mum thought I'd like it!

Anyway sorry for going on ha, hope you all enjoyed christmas, and have a happy and healthy 2012, I think my next blog may be about my holiday to America that I just mentioned? 

Lots of love xxx



2 comments:

  1. Awww these presents are lovely, I'm glad you had a nice Christmas, i saw this top in H&M and thought it was so nice its also to promote anti racism isn't it. I ended up buying a top similar that says 'High Heels High Hopes' which i found quite amusing haha. Loving the blog background! Hope all is well! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is, I love the fact it's anti racism! Haha my friend has that top, I was going to get it until I saw she had it. Aw thank you, it was off a website called shabbyblogs - something like that anyway! Hope your well too, and had a nice christmas?xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment, I read them all and reply as soon as possible..