Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Stephen Lawrence

This may be a story you've heard about in the past 18 years, especially more so in the past few months. Unfortunately on 22nd April 1993, Stephen Lawrence was the victim of a disgusting racial attack, and lost his life from it. I can't believe how long it has taken to sentence 2 of the people involved, even though they were named straight after the attack happened (by at least 20 people)

Stephen Lawrence and his family have been failed by this country since the day he was killed, with 3 suspects still walking round the streets free due to 'insufficient evidence'. I'm not sure if anyone reading watched the show which ITV1 showed last night about it all? But it was a serious eye opener, I knew the police involved had messed up, but not to the extent that I know now, I wasn't aware that they knew that the suspects had spoke of having knives under floorboards.. yet they didn't even lift any floor boards? 

I'm not going to go on and on, because I don't think I'd ever actually stop typing, but I do think the 2 people who have been imprisoned are responsible for it. And I think their sentences are disgusting (minimum of 15 years and 2 months and minimum of 14 years and 3 months) considering Stephen himself was 18 when it happened, and its taken 18 years for them to be convicted, how can they be given a sentence that doesn't even equal his life? Nevermind the time his poor family have spent looking for justice, his family and friends should have spent the past 18 years being able to grieve, not fighting to get a result.

I'm glad there has finally been some justice for him, and I suppose we should feel grateful that even though the sentence is not long enough, it does keep these horrible people off the streets. Even if it is 18 years too late.

There's an article about it here incase you're not sure of what's happened..



Rest In Peace Stephen Lawrence
xxx 

3 comments:

  1. Awwww :( it really is discusting.. This is so nice of you to most up about Stephen Lawrence.. They should of got life setences! This countries criminal system is diabolical
    www.beautywonders.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is horrible, I feel so badly for his family, have you seen the secret video of them? Its so horrible, they're like going on about the best ways to stab people etc, yet in both the trials before this one the video never even got shown :s proper shambles!! and thank you for your other comment, I'm surprised its got anyone even following it haha xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noo! Its really good :) keep up with it, you need to get a pic up aswell so people know who there following and stuff.. It is extreamly sick, there sentance should be life people like that make my blood crawl
    www.beautywondersuk.blogspot.com
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment, I read them all and reply as soon as possible..