Sunday, 19 February 2012

The Only Way Is.. Fake


Hi everyone, so I read an article on the Daily Mail's website a few days ago ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2101789/TOWIE-look-Transforming-Essex-Girl-involves-8-hours-torture-1-200.html) which basically is one of the newspapers journalists delving into the whole 'TOWIE look' I'm not sure if anyone reading this isn't familiar with The Only Way Is Essex (aka TOWIE) but if you're not aware of it, it's a tv show in England which has gone quite big really, it focuses on the lives of a few characters, with the main focuses being on their appearances definitely.

The before and after of the makeover (what do you think?!)

The 'Essex' look is showed to be all about being bronzed, big hair full of extensions, false nails, exaggerated eyebrows, false eyelashes, big boobs (mostly fake), botox, big lips, ridiculously white teeth, make up being immaculate and finally being slim. Basically being 'perfect'. As for the fashion, well it's practically a crime for an Essex girl to be wearing flat shoes these days, with the newspapers slating them if they dare to look casual. 


Chloe Sims

Thanks to TOWIE there are definitely more girls (and boys) now experimenting with the fake look, with more spray tans, perfectly shaped eyebrows, fake nails, boob jobs, veneers, liposuction and eyelash extensions than ever before.

Lauren Pope

Maria Fowler

Now being 100% honest, I am so guilty of loving the fake look
The tan - I feel physically disgusting if I'm pale, lucky for me I live in sunshine for 6 months of the year, but for the time which is spent in England I do use sunbeds to keep myself topped up. Life is better brown right?
The hair - My hair is dyed, it's been a range of colours over the years, recently I've kept it really blonde as even though I've naturally got dark hair, it looks horrendous on me! I don't use extensions as when I work away with it being so hot etc I wouldn't want any extra hair, although I do want some for while I'm here (if I can get a good match)
The body - Well this is where I couldn't be further away from these practically perfect girls ha, I'd love to loose weight, and I'm trying to watch what I eat to do so, when I'm away the weight literally falls off but in England my mum literally feeds me so much :| I don't know what she thinks I am! My boobs, well I'm going to be honest, this is probably what I'm most unhappy with! If someone could pay for me to have it done with a top class surgeon, and with safe implants - I'd have had it done about 5 years ago.
The face - Well I think it's safe to say most girls look better with make up right? I'm not too bad when it comes to make up, my day to day face is bronzer, eyebrow pencil, mascara and eyeliner. My night out face is foundation, bronzer, blusher, false eyelashes, mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil, lipgloss. I would absolutely love to have veneers and it is purely the cost stopping me, same with eyelash extensions. Having said all that I do try to keep it quite natural looking as I don't wanna go out looking overdone.


But how far is too far
I genuinely think people can have the treatments and look so good for it, but then for others they can go well too far, and look worse than they ever did.

What do you think about the 'fake' look? Would you describe yourself as fake? How far would you be happy to go to achieve a 'flawless' look or do you think beauty is natural?
Feel free to leave me a comment! I love hearing from everyone 
xxx

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with what your saying, some people do just take it too far but they don't no were the limit is! Orange isn't a good look and hair extensions that you can see there fake..not good!

    I think every girl knows there own limit on this superficial things...remember they were designed to enhance your natural beauty!!
    Not to create a whole new you!

    JasmineMeccles.blogspot.com


    Feel free to drop by or even follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I totally agree, they are designed to enhance what you do have, not create something you don't!! x

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment, I read them all and reply as soon as possible..