I don't know about you girls but I get SO frustrated sometimes when I can't decide what to do with my hair, I've recently had my hair lowlighted so it's easier to maintain colour wise, and to my surprise this has made it so much easier to style aswell. My hair used to be proper light, after alot of hairdye and patience (yes I'm referring to that inevitable ginger stage!) but I found once it started to grow I had to wear it down alot because the roots looked so much worse than they are. Now it's slightly darker it has so many different colours to it it actually looks root free (my hairdresser actually wasn't lying when she said it would!!)
Anyway now I've got abit more flexibility with what I can do with it I'm loving being able to mess about with it, so I thought I'd show today's hair, the photo's are off my phone so massive apology I thought they'd be better than they are! I decided to have a messy french plait across the front of my head and then put the remaining hair into a messy bun, so in short I wanted to look messy I guess haha!
Anyway now I've got abit more flexibility with what I can do with it I'm loving being able to mess about with it, so I thought I'd show today's hair, the photo's are off my phone so massive apology I thought they'd be better than they are! I decided to have a messy french plait across the front of my head and then put the remaining hair into a messy bun, so in short I wanted to look messy I guess haha!
One of my friends asked me how I do my bun, so I'll explain now just incase anyone's wondering. I find it hard to explain really, so please bare with me. To get it to be abit more voluminous I blow dry my hair upside down or backcomb it, then I just gather my hair as if I was going to tie it up, but twist it around into a bun shape then put a hair bobble around it, I mess it up by pulling it quite gently then if there's any straggly bits I hairspray it down and then put another bobble on just to secure it. hope this makes sense? Just thought I'd explain cos I find the hair donuts quite hard to use so this is a much easier alternative
This is my first attempt at a plait across my head, I'm quite happy with it actually, I didn't want it to look too neat. I found it surprisingly easy to do, I pulled quite a thick section all the way across the front of my head and plaited it from my right ear and stopped it just before my left, I then pulled at the plait abit to make it messier and pinned it down further back into my hair so it didn't look too much like a headband
My roots look terrible on that and you can't even see them in real life, nevermind haha
xxx



I really need to practice this, it looks fantastic you've done such a good job, hopefully my attempt will resemble it slightly!
ReplyDeleteAw thank you so much :) it's really easy to do if you don't want it to look too neat x
DeleteLiking the hairstyle!
ReplyDeletealso liking the effort it took to take that photo..
Great post!
jasminemeccles/blogspot.com
Thank you. It was such an effort haha couldn't angle it right at all! xxx
DeleteLOVE this plait! wish I could do a bun in my hair :( will need to wait until it grows
ReplyDeletehair envy! xx
Aw thank you so much, my hair always annoys me so that was SUCH a nice thing for me to read! Mine isn't that long to be honest, it's only just starting to co-operate with me xx
DeleteYour plait looks really lovely :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
Aw thank you very much :) xxx
Delete