I absolutely love these type of posts, it's nice to get to know people, and I saw this tag over on Sandra at http://sandra-thepuzzleofmylife (click here for her abc travel tag post) I LOVE travelling so this is perfect for me to post too. ALL these pictures posted are my own - and a fore warning there will be LOADS of them. Sorry!!
A: Age you went on your first international trip: I was about 2 or 3, it was to Disneyland Paris when it first opened
B: Best (foreign) beer you've had and where: corona or desperados.. my love for both of those grew in France
C: Cuisine (favorite): Italian definitely
D: Destinations, favorite, least favorite and why: My favourite probably Italy or America, I visited a lot of Tuscany last year, and visited New York, Las Vegas, San Francisco and Los Angeles last year too, I just loved it, I've always wanted to go to Italy and it's truly gorgeous, and I've always wanted to go to America as I love films, celebrities etc so wanted to see American life, I loved it there, I saw so many amazing things that I'll never forget. Least favourite is probably the likes of Costa del Sol, Costa Brava etc, they have been totally ruined by tourism in my opinion.
E: Event you experienced abroad that made you say “wow”: Going up the Empire State Building.. what a breathtaking view and visiting the 9/11 memorial.
| Top of Empire State Building |
| 9/11 Memorial |
F: Favorite mode of transportation: probably planes for longer journeys, although when it's a nice day I quite like walking with my ipod in. I don't mind trains either so long as I'm not sat near someone who has bad hygiene!
G: Greatest feeling while traveling: seeing something amazing
H: Hottest place you’ve traveled to: I've never been anywhere REALLY hot, but when I worked in south of France it was about 45c for like 3 weeks
I: Incredible service you’ve experienced and where: Hmm this is tough, I got really good service at my hotel in New York, the room was cleaned everyday, they opened doors for you when they saw you arriving, always got a hello etc (Affinia Dumont, 34th Street)
J: Journey that took the longest: Oh god, definitely Los Angeles back to England, it took like 10 hours and I hardly slept, I must have slept for like 2 hours maximum, yet if I get a flight what's like 45 minutes I'm out like a light!
K: Keepsake from your travels: Hundreds of photo's.. tickets into places etc
L: Let-down sight, why and where: Pisa, I thought there would be more there than there is, luckily for me one of my friends forewarned me about this though so we only went for half a day, did a bit of shopping, saw the tower. Having said that, the tower is amazing!! So I would always recommend for people to go see it, just don't allocate loads of time cos it'd be a waste! St Tropez is a bit overrated in my opinion aswell
| Leaning tower of Pisa |
M: Moment when you fell in love with travel: I'm not sure to be honest, when I was younger we used to visit my dad's family in London a lot and always used to go see Buckingham Palace etc and I loved it, but I probably got the travel bug for going abroad when I first was on a plane, to Majorca like aged 10?
N: Nicest hotel you’ve stayed in: The building itself, probably Caesars Palace, truly fascinating, although all the big hotels in Vegas are unreal
| Caesars Palace |
| Caesars Palace |
| Caesars Palace |
O: Obsession—what are you obsessed with taking pictures of while traveling?: Most things really, but buildings in particular, I've realised recently I'm amazed by buildings, one of my favourites is this cathedral in Siena, Italy (photo's do not do it justice at all)
P: Passport stamps, how many and from where?: One going into Turkey, one coming out of Turkey and one going into America

Q: Quirkiest attraction you've visited and where: I don't know really, possibly Universal Studios, Hollywood, we got to see all the sets of tv, films, see special effects etc which was different, I'd never seen any of that sort of stuff before
S: Splurge; something you have no problem forking over money for while traveling: Hotels and food, I'm not one for a minging hostel, although I'm not a snob!
T: Touristy thing you've done: I'm quite touristy to be honest, although I'm not one for paying loads for excursions so I book everything I'm doing myself if I can
U: Unforgettable travel memory: Literally have SO many. They would sound so silly to other people so I won't sit and name them all! One of my favourites is probably visiting the LA beaches though, loved that day!
| Laguna Beach |
| Venice Beach |
V: Visas, how many and for where?: One for America, and I think you get a kind of visa when you visit Turkey?!
W: Wine, best glass of wine while traveling and where?: I got quite a taste for prosecco in Italy last year!
X: eXcellent view and from where? Oh my god so many... Statue of Liberty as you're approaching it, the New York skyline from the Statue of Liberty, from the top of the Empire State building, from the top of the Rockefeller building (because you can see the Empire State from there too) Brooklyn Bridge, San Francisco from Alcatraz, Alcatraz from San Francisco, Golden Gate Bridge, Hollywood sign, the Colesseum, Trevi fountain, Lake Garda.
| Trevi fountain |
![]() |
| Lake Garda |
| Colleseum |
| Hollywood sign |
| Statue of Liberty |
| NY skyline |
| Brooklyn Bridge |
| From the top of Rockefeller building |
| Approaching Alcatraz |
| San Francisco from Alcatraz |
| Golden Gate Bridge |
Y: Years spent traveling?: Well my first time abroad was 2-3? so I suppose from then, because I used to go to London every year and be a proper tourist there too. So 21 years?
Z: Zealous sports fans and where?: None?!
If you got this far, well done haha, hope it hasn't bored you too much! As for the 'tag' anyone and everyone feel free to join in!
x x x

Great post :)
ReplyDeletewww.whokilledlola.blogspot.com
x
Thank you x
DeleteWhat a cool tag! Very beautiful photos:) i really want to visit san francisco on day, it looks like such a lovely place.
ReplyDeletehttp://blairbeautyblogger.blogspot.com/
Thank you! Some of my favourite pictures ever these. San Francisco really is lovely, I was only there for 4 days but would happily go back! x
DeleteGreat post, lovely pictures! Followed! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThank you so much :) xx
Delete