You may have read my mascara traumas with my NYC Show Time Volumising Waterproof mascara (review here) I was going out Saturday night, and needed a new mascara and FAST. So off I trot into town, with a tiny budget and desire to try a mascara I haven't used before. I had a browse around Tesco and Savers with no luck (Savers actually had zero make up in?) before popping into Superdrug and finding the new Rimmel Scandaleyes Show Off mascara.
The first thing what caught my eye about this mascara was the packaging, as you can see it's in a lovely bright purpley-pink tube, it looks really girly, and has a picture of what the brush is like above the name. I have used the original Scandaleyes mascara before and really liked it, so when I saw it was going to be similar I was already pretty much sold, and I was SO intrigued about the brush, as I haven't seen one like this before. Rimmel describe the brush as:
'The brand new, and innovative, wand applicator – the first – ever to combine lash inflating and defining bristles with a unique brush ball. It’s a wonder to behold. The flat side plumps lashes with sensational, show-stopping volume, defining each lash without a clump in sight. The ball brush then lifts lashes to staggering new heights.'
To be honest, I totally agree with their description of it, which is a breath of fresh air to me. This mascara didn't clump in the slightest, and made my eyelashes look false with hardly any effort.
The colour is 001 black, and I used two coats, but could have got away with one to be honest, I just love putting mascara on so sit and do it for ages (is this just me or?)
This mascara has unbelievable staying power, I applied it at like 5pm on the Saturday night, went out till ridiculously late, slept in it (please don't judge me, I don't make a habit of this!) and it was in perfect condition the next day. Surprisingly I haven't seen Rimmel even mention on it's description that it has fantastic durability? I really think they should.
There's no point in me doing this review without photographic evidence is there, so here's some pictures I took to show you - major apologies if I look like I've got a lazy eye anywhere, I definitely don't but it's so hard to focus when the camera is that close.
No mascara
One coat on one eye to compare to my own lashes
Two coats on one eye to compare
Both eyes done (eyebrow pencil is Rimmel
So as you can see, it really does open my eyes and make my eyelashes look good! It costs just £6.99 in Superdrug at the moment (link here) I'm not too sure if this is an introductory price or not, but I don't think it is! And just to let you know that in Superdrug it is also part of a fantastic 2 for £10 Rimmel offer at the moment (link here).
xxx

love this, the mascara looks great, really opens your eyes more!
ReplyDeleteneed a new one so i'll be picking this one up! thanks :)
http://monster-diaries.blogspot.co.uk/
Aw thank you, it's definitely a new favourite of mine! Glad the reviews helped :) x
DeleteWoah! Your lashes look amazing. I'm always on the lookout for a new mascara so this one will prob be my next purchase... thanks!! x
ReplyDeleteAh thank you! I've seen it for £4.99 in Tesco yesterday aswell! Total bargain :) x
DeleteWow this really does do wonders to your eyelashes! Must give this a go at some point :) xxx
ReplyDeleteYeah you really should, I think you'll really like the brush, the ball reaches all the smaller eyelashes so its perfect really xxx
Delete