My hair is in a sorry state at the moment, I haven't had it cut or coloured for an age, but I haven't got the funds to fix this. It's obviously made my hair feel in such bad condition, it's too dry and horrible to touch which has made me wear it as a messy bun for what feels like forever just because I cannot bare to try and style it.
The other day I was in Tesco and as always I ended up down the hair, cosmetics and toiletries aisle. I don't know how I do this, but I found myself gazing at shampoo without realising.
I have put myself off spending money recently because I'm skint and didn't want to unnecessarily spend, unfortunately this has included hair too (SOB). I saw it as a total waste of time spending a lot on products until I've had my hair coloured and cut. Especially with my hair being in such an inbetween colour - I have it a mixture of brown and blonde put on my hair, but the sun has just turned the brown back blonde. So as you can imagine I didn't want to spend money on products specifically for colour treated hair or for blondes etc as I hopefully will have my hair back to its normal colour soon.
So for once in my life I look at the other products on offer, I always buy colour specific products or products for colour treated hair in general but I just don't see the point in buying anything like this just yet.. I feel as though I'm wasting it when my hair isn't in good condition (don't ask!) anyway I scour the shelves and eventually see the John Frieda Full Repair range.. well I love John Frieda anyway, I have done for years, they've served me well through all my hair colour changes dipping into the Brilliant Brunette range, and the Sheer Blonde range mainly, and I've always been so impressed. So when I see metallic red boxes and bottles staring at me from the Full Repair range, my eyes glaze over and I'm like a child at Christmas. I'm a total sucker for nice packaging and this was no exception.
(After a little Google search I found out they have been released a while now, but I was out of the country when they were released, so I've let myself off for depriving myself for so long)
Tesco have an amazing offer on lots of hair products at the moment making me able to pick up 3 products for £10.00. I decided to get the Full Body Shampoo, Style Creator Heat Activated Styling Spray and Perfect Ends Deep Infusion serum. These products all retail for around £5-£7 individually so the 3 for £10 is a total bargain which had to be taken advantage of.
John Frieda's description of the Full Repair range is as follows:
"John Frieda® Full Repair™ is a unique line of salon inspired products that revives overworked hair, repairing the look and feel of damage from frequent heat styling and coloring, without weighing hair down. Hair is instantly transformed into full-bodied style with natural movement."
(After a little Google search I found out they have been released a while now, but I was out of the country when they were released, so I've let myself off for depriving myself for so long)
Tesco have an amazing offer on lots of hair products at the moment making me able to pick up 3 products for £10.00. I decided to get the Full Body Shampoo, Style Creator Heat Activated Styling Spray and Perfect Ends Deep Infusion serum. These products all retail for around £5-£7 individually so the 3 for £10 is a total bargain which had to be taken advantage of.
John Frieda's description of the Full Repair range is as follows:
"John Frieda® Full Repair™ is a unique line of salon inspired products that revives overworked hair, repairing the look and feel of damage from frequent heat styling and coloring, without weighing hair down. Hair is instantly transformed into full-bodied style with natural movement."
All the products contain Inca Inchi Oil, which I had never heard of until I saw this range, after a little research on the John Frieda website I have found out it is a natural oil, which has a wide range of uses with John Frieda formulating it so it can be used on your hair to repair the look, and feel of damaged hair. It is designed to be weightless and can be used on a daily basis.
I have been using these products for the past few days now, and have nothing but praise. I was quite sceptical because of the state my hair is actually in, but after one use my hair felt softer, and looked so much better.
Both the Styling Spray and the Deep Infusion are used on wet/towel dried hair to provide heat protection, with Deep Infusion being rubbed in, focusing on the ends. Not a lot of product is needed so they will both last me ages - same with the shampoo. The Styling Spray is heat activated and says it creates long lasting hold which I would agree with, I used this before drying/straightening my hair, backcombed my roots a little and felt the volume lasted a longer than usual. The Deep Infusion has made my hair feel in much better condition than it did before and I only needed to use 1 pump. It comes out like an oil, but when I had rubbed my hands together they didn't feel greasy in the slightest, which was a concern of mine when I saw the product. Really importantly aswell - they all have a lovely smell, it's not too overpowering, but they smell really good.. I can't really describe the scents because I'm rubbish at that, but they do smell great!
I couldn't be happier with these products to be honest, and I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the range!
xx

Hey, I've nominated your blog for The Liebster Award.
ReplyDeleteCheck out http://blondiesstylefix.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/hey-everyone-so-ive-been-nominated-by.html to find out more!
Lots of Love,
Blondie X
(blondiestylefix.blogspot.co.uk)
Aw thank you Grace that's really sweet of you! x
DeleteOh I've got one of these bottle hiding in my room somewhere! I'll definitely have to give them a try! Great post :) xx
ReplyDeleteYeah definitely give it a try! Thank you :) xxx
DeleteI love the deep infusion but didn't think the styling spray really helped my curls stay in which was annoying! great review :) xxx
ReplyDeletemegsbudgetboutique.blogspot.co.uk
Thank you! :) that must have been annoying for you, I've only straightened my hair/backcombed the roots as I don't really wear my hair curly so maybe that's why it held for me xxx
DeleteI always hear such fab things about this range! And John Frieda products in general, I think I'm the only girl who's never tried something from there before! I think I'm too cheap haha, 3 for a tenner is a great deal though! xxx
ReplyDeleteObviously I can't speak for everyone but I have never had a John Frieda product which didn't do it's job! I'm pretty stingy so don't like to fork out so their products are perfect for me. They last AGES too xxx
DeleteThese sound so great
ReplyDeleteMy hair is so dry and haggard looking at the moment, I've been desperately searching for something, anything, to help
This review is great though, and I'll definitely have a look into the products
Such a bargain too
Thank you :) By the sounds of it I think these will really help your hair out. Mine felt better even after I'd used these once! x
DeleteGreat to hear you've had a good experience with them too, I think the quality is great for their price, especially on this bargainous deal! Make sure you try the Deep Conditioner- it's laavely x
ReplyDeleteYeah I totally agree with you! Haha that's next on my list, along with the root lift foam x
DeleteThank you so much! I'll take a look at your blog now xx
ReplyDeleteah great review, john frieda products in general are really good. there's such a wide range as well isn't there :) thanks for your lovely comment xx
ReplyDeleteAw thank you, and I agree, there's literally something for everyone I think, no matter what my hairs like I can find something for it. You're welcome by the way :) xx
Delete